Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I will not go quitely into the night

So, I nearly died the other day. Someone left the gas stove on all night and I woke up at 4 this morning running to the bathroom to hurl. I am sensitive to smells and do get nauseous at times and I guess the rotten egg smell was too much. Thank God I woke up! I opened up all the windows and turned the fan on but I didn't check if the girls were ok tho.... AND thank God nothing got burnt to the ground. So I got about 6 hours of sleep and many hours of class today.

Well, to supplement, this is what the symptoms of gas exposure/poisoning are: headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. People who are sleeping or who have been drinking alcohol can die from CO poisoning before ever having symptoms. (http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/carbonmonoxide.asp)

So thank God that I am alive.

No comments: