Thursday, December 02, 2004

Dec. 2, 2004

I had a to-do list. It consisted of: sort clothes, unpack, buy pads. I learned quickly that nothing happens as planned here. While I was trying to unpack, Luis, a roomate, came over and started talking to me in Spanish. OK. By now I've figured out "No entiento." I don't understand. I kept tying to brush him off but he kept talking. I eventually brought out my English/Spanish dictionary. He was trying to teach me how to say, "What's your name" in Spanish. Um... what part of me unpacking looks like I was not busy??? I did not feel comfortable unpacking all my stuff in front of him, so I didn't. Then, before I knew it, he was sitting on my bed! He mentioned over and over again this word: Tigre. It took about 10 mins to figure out that he wanted to got to this place called Tigre the next day and wondered if I wanted to go. I was still the nice Canadian then, so I said yes. At least he went away after that.

My biggest accomplishment this day was ordering a coffee and an empanada all by myself. I said some words, the guy looked confused. I pointed and made hand gestures. They guy gave me what I wanted. :)

Mosquito bite count: seven. I miss Muskol! Thank God (and Jason) for my Mozzy Net.

No comments: