Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Volcano hike in Nicaragua

Didn't happen. I waited all week to get better from the horseback ride and today was the day to go hike this volcano with the full moon guiding our paths. I would have seen lava. It was cancelled because there were clouds looming in the sky. Apparently, when it rains here, it's dangerous to even step outside. OK, I'm exaggerating but, it would have been dangerous hiking up this volcano with the wind at full force.

After looking at my money situation, I think I will just head north and stick to a specific plan of attack. I have credit available but I don't want to be in heaps of debt when I return as it took me so long to work it off. I am also unemployed so this worries me a little. Good thing I can't drink very well. I'm sure I save so much money on booze. When it's less than $1 CAD for a beer, I see other travellers guzzling them down. But those dollars do add up. I am living as cheap as I can but no more dwelling in a place for me. Ok, maybe I'll splurge on spending an extra day on the Guatamalen Caribbean coast.

No comments: