Sunday, March 12, 2006

Leon, Nicaragua (1)

My first evening in Leon consisted of a group of four people coming together to bitch about Mark, who one of the gals I met aptly referred to him as a disgruntled traveller. I met him in Panama and have travelled with him for a few weeks. Me being the nice person I am, just never got enough gumption to just tell him to fuck off. I just kinda ran away at the very end in Granada. To give an example of this guy’s character, here's an excerpt from an email I wrote to a friend.

“I met this guy Mark 3 weeks ago and we've been travelling together. He likes me. I told him I'm not interested, that he's like a little brother to me. Well, I found out that almost everywhere we've been, he's been telling people that I'm, in not so FEW words, that I'm an easy tramp. What a brilliant way to keep the peace and at the same time, cutting down the competition. Because if you told me that the guy I like sleeps with everything, I would definitely lose interest. However, that's not so brilliant for me. In fact I am so fucking livid at this fucking asshole, whom I actually trusted for a while, that I spent this morning crying in my hotel room. If I did it, I will admit it. Don't make up bullshit about me for selfish benefits. Never mind that, don't make up bullshit about me period.”

I never thought that in my travels that I would meet someone I would detest so much.

No comments: