Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Esteli, Nicaragua

I get into town and head to the recommended cheap hotel. When I got there, a female was speaking ina a loud voice and I thought she was scolding her children. Turns out she's noticeably upset and when I looked at one of the staff, he indicated that I should go elsewhere. I really needed no prompting.

I went to another hotel close by which was double the price at $12 USD but I got my own room, bathroom with hot water and cable TV. Nice even though reception was rather frosty.

This town is dusty and devoid of anything really interesting. I ended up booking a tour at a nearby nature reserve to go horseback riding to see some caves and to stay in a a local farm. $37 USD for a day's activity including lodging and food doesn't sound half bad. And I get to ride horsies. This would be the second time in my life on a horse. I hope I don't fall off.

I originally wanted to return to Esteli for a few days but I could see myself watching TV all day. At least I was able to update my blog some more.... :)

No comments: