Thursday, May 11, 2006

Food Market - Oaxaca City, Mexico.

I stayed an extra day just so that I could eat there again. The first day I went there, I had just finished breakfast elsewhere. I was only able to order a chocolate milk, a specialty in this region. It's served in a bowl and with sweet bread that has cumin baked in. Yum yum.

The second time I went (I stayed an extra day just to do this!), I headed straight to the meat grills. I walked in and a young guy started his spew on all the different types of meat they had available. After about 30 seconds, he realized that I was only able to understand about 1/4 of what he said. He abruptly averted his eyes and turned away. His buddy came up to ask me what I cared for and I told him without hesitation. In Spanish. The young guy still couldn't look me in the eyes even after I sat down.

Yes, OK, bad product shot but it tasted goood!

I had ordered a 1/4 portion of beef, 3 tortillas and guacamole. $30 pesos. The meat was freshly grilled and the guac was made fresh. NOW THIS IS A TACO! Yum.

For dinner, I went back to the hot chocolate place and ordered a yellow chicken mole to go. Wow..........

No comments: