Thursday, April 27, 2006

Flores, Guatemala

I got into Flores, one of the towns close to Tikal, at about 10:30 at night. I had been travelling for about 12 hours, half of those being on a chicken bus. When I arrived to the place I wanted to stay, Hostel Los Amigos, they were already full. So, I walked to the place the guy at the hostel recommended and knocked on the door. This surly middle-aged man opens the door. He tells me that rooms are $25 USD a night. That's about 8 nights stay at San Pedro. I said no thanks and knocked on the door of the hotel right next door. 40 Q's a night with a private bath. Much better. However, not good enough for me to stay any more nights. I moved to Los Amigos in the morning to be around other young travellers and to pay only 25Q's a night in a dorm.

No comments: