Monday, March 20, 2006

La Libertad, El Salvador

It took me another whole day to get here. I was charged $8 USD for 12 hours for my room at La Posada Familiar. I had to leave my room at 5am. Luckily I met a group of boys who were travelling to the same place I was so I took my stuff out of my room at 5am and slept in a hammock by their room until it was time to go. Of course I was up and about before they were, so I went to the beach. It smelled like garbage and there were as many rocks as there was garbage lining the shorline. I would not recommend coming here. I was not inclined to rush into the water.

I waited for the boys until about 1:30pm to go to San Salvador to watch a wrestling match. The owner, going there as well, was nice enough to let all 6 of us sit in the back of his pick-up for the 30 min drive, for $1 USD apiece, of course. Which I didn't mind at all. We saved SO much time.

No comments: