Thursday, February 23, 2006

Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

This penninsula beach town is incredibly dusty. But finally, it was sunny and I spent the day on the beach with a newfound friend. He spent a lot of time picking at coconut shells and digging frantic holes in the sand. If he wasn't doing that, he was chasing waves in the water with me. Crazy black dog with yellow yes and a braided cotton collar. When I went to leave at the end of the day, he was all too content to follow me however, he was too distracted by some kid playing with a ball. I'm gonna miss that fellow. The do-it-all guy, Mark, at the hostel / restaurant, made grilled tuna for dinner. Best meal I'd had in months.

That evening, a few of us went to the local watering hole. This turned out to be THE place that eveyone went to. Think spring-breakers from the USA. I left after a beer.

No comments: